Sorry I didn’t get this recipe up first thing this morning like I usually do. I didn’t have a chance to make this recipe until tonight. It was tasty though!!!
Today’s recipe is Chicken Marinara Primavera.
1 Tbs butter – on hand item
1 Tbs olive oil – on hand
8 cloves garlic, minced – I keep a jar of minced garlic on hand and it lasts me forever!
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces – purchased at Save Mart for $.97/lb
1 1/2 cup zucchini (about 2 small ones) cut into 1 inch pieces – purchased at Bel Air for $.99/lb; Total for 2 = $.88
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms – Leftover from last week’s meal. – purchased at Walmart for $2.50; Total for 1/2 lb = $1.25
1 teaspoon salt -on hand
1/4 teaspoon black pepper – on hand
1 Jar Ragu Sauce – purchased at Bel Air for 2/$3 with $.75/2 from 1/31 RP; And got a Free Golden Grain Pasta wyb 2 Ragu Pasta Sauce; Total for 1 Jar = $1.13
12 ounces uncooked spaghetti – Free with purchase of Ragu.
4-6 Chicken Breasts – purchased at Bel Air for $1.67/lb; Total for 4 large = Approx. $3.34
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add chicken breasts and brown each side. Then cover with Ragu and cook until no longer pink (170F).
3. Meanwhile in separate skillet, melt butter over medium heat. In another pot you can also begin cooking spaghetti per package.
4. Add garlic to skillet; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the asparagus; cover and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the mushrooms and zucchini.
7. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
8. Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
9. Cook 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
10. Drain spaghetti and add to the skillet of veggies
11. Toss to coat.
12. I then topped the pasta with the cooked chicken and sauce. Serve and Enjoy!
I happened to have a couple of tomatoes on hand, so I added those to my veggies at the very end, before adding the spaghetti.
The Total Cost for this meal was $7.54. The chicken breasts were large enough that we actually had about 8 servings, which calculates to $.94 per serving for a very tasty, almost gourmet meal.