It seems that recipe sharing has been popular lately – especially when it comes to the grill! I also just seem to have food on the brain all the time! I got an e-mail from Dole about the 2011 California Cook-Off, with some very interesting/tasty sounding recipes using Dole products! They’ve shared the winning recipe, along with a couple of other popular ones. I hope you enjoy them! Plus, they will be sending me some fruit crisps and coupons to giveaway soon!!
I’d love to hear if any of you try these recipes.
Moroccan Raisin ‘n’ Date Flatbreads made with DOLE® Chopped Dates and Golden Raisins (Winning Recipe)
Ingredients (Servings: 8-12)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup DOLE® Golden Raisins
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 cup dry-roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 Middle Eastern-style round flatbread or pita bread
- 3/4 cup DOLE Chopped Dates
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Preheat gas grill with lid down to medium-high heat.
- Combine cumin, garam masala and red pepper in medium sauce pan; cook on grill, stirring frequently for 30 seconds. Add raisins, water and 2 garlic cloves; bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from grill; cool slightly.
- Pour raisin mixture into food processor. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves, almonds, olive oil and lemon juice. Cover; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Skillet Grilled Triple Fruit Cobbler made with DOLE® Fruit Bowls Diced Apples, Diced Peaches and Pineapple Tidbits
Ingredients (Servings 6):
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 2 containers (4 oz. each) DOLE Fruit Bowls® Diced Apples, drained
- 2 containers (4 oz. each) DOLE Fruit Bowls Diced Peaches, undrained
- 1 container (4 oz.) DOLE Fruit Bowls Pineapple Tidbits, undrained
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat gas grill with lid down to medium-high heat. Turn off 1 burner to use for indirect heat cooking.
- Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter on sides and bottom of large cast iron skillet. Place on grill over indirect heat with lid down.
- Combine drained apples, undrained peaches and pineapple in large bowl. Stir together 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir into fruit mixture. Pour into hot skillet and cook with lid down, 10 minutes.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar, flour, walnuts, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl. Stir in remaining melted butter until just crumbly. Spoon evenly over fruit mixture.
- Cook with lid down, 25 to 30 minutes or until top begins to brown and fruit mixture is bubbly. Serve warm.
Grilled Pizza with Canadian Bacon ‘n’ Charred Tropical Fruit made with DOLE® Tropical Fruit
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) DOLE® Tropical Fruit, well-drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced diagonally, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- 8 ounces Canadian bacon, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough
- 1 to 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups coarsely grated Fontina cheese
- 1 cup DOLE Arugula
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat gas grill with lid down to medium heat.
- Combine tropical fruit, 1/4 cup green onions, salt and pepper in small bowl. Place a double sheet of heavy duty foil on part of grill grate. Lightly brush foil with oil. Spread fruit mixture on foil; grill, turning fruit often until lightly charred. Remove foil and fruit from grill, set aside.
- Meanwhile, brush small section of grill grate with oil. Cook Canadian bacon on both sides until grill marks appear. Remove slices and coarsely chop; set aside. Turn one burner to high and other burners to medium low.
- Divide pizza dough in half. On floured surface, roll and stretch each half to a 10 x 5-inch oval or (12 x 4-inch oval). Brush 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on one side of each crust; place oil-side down on medium low side of grill. Cook with lid down 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown on bottom, breaking up any large bubbles in crust, if necessary with tongs.
- Brush top of crusts with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil before turning crust to grill second side. Quickly top each crust with 1 cup cheese to 1/2-inch of edges. Top each with bacon and fruit mixture. Cook with lid down 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on bottom and cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, toss together arugula, remaining 1/4 cup green onions, 1 teaspoon olive oil and balsamic vinegar in small bowl. Evenly divide arugula mixture over pizzas.