Because I have been trying to recover from my fabulous NYC trip, I let the afternoon get away from me and had to come up with a last minute dinner. I knew we had some frozen meatballs on hand and spotted some dry mini ravioli in the cupboard, so I thought I’d see what I could do with that. I’m not typically great at creating my own recipes, but I’m pretty proud of this one. Keep in mind that you can use fresh or dry ravioli and frozen or homemade meatballs. Meatballs are one of my kids’ favorite things to eat so I try to always have some on hand, but wanted a different spin on them. Here is what I came up with and I thought it was super tasty! Please let me know if you try it!
Meatball and Mini Ravioli Soup – Serves 8-9
3 Cans of Chicken Broth
25 Meatballs, cooked (You can use more or less)
1 pkg of Dry Mini Ravioli (can use fresh and large ravioli or tortellini)
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
1 Can of Great Northern Beans (You can use any other White Bean or Kidney Bean if you’d like)
1 Bay Leaf
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a large Stock Pot, Bring Chicken Broth to boil.
2. Add cooked meatballs and boil until thawed and heated through.
3. Add Ravioli or Tortellini and bay leaf and boil for 5-10 minutes.
4. Stir in Tomatoes and Beans and heat through. Turn the heat down to low after a few more minutes and simmer – allowing the bay leaf to flavor the broth.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
Can top with fresh parmesan cheese and serve with garlic bread! As simple as this sounds, it was so yummy!!