Homemade Sausage Gravy
Dinner was so tasty that I decided I could go ahead and do a second recipe post in a day! Tonight’s dinner was Homemade Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. I kind of made the biscuits up as I went along and I am in love with them, so be sure to check out that recipe!!
As for the sausage gravy, I got the idea from my mother-in-law. It is totally easy and I can’t believe I didn’t think of it on my own. The basic principal is that you make an ordinary roux, and add sausage! The recipe is below:
1 lb Ground Sausage. Try to pick sausage that has some flavor because that will really make the flavor of your gravy.
1/3 Cup Flour
2 Cups Milk
dash of Salt and Pepper
1. Cook sausage in a skillet, over medium high heat. I often get great markdowns on meat and sausage at Save Mart / Lucky stores.
2. Drain any remaining sausage fat.
3. Sprinkle flour over sausage and mix until you no longer see white.
4. Stir in milk and cook until bubbly and slightly thickened.
5. Season with dash of salt and pepper, as needed.
6. Serve over biscuits and enjoy!