Today’s Pin of the day just simply looks amazing! A little carb heavy – yes, but amazing! Today I pinned this Braided Spaghetti Bread by the Rhodes Bake N Serve Blog, and I WILL try this! How can baking spaghetti inside of Garlic bread be nothing short of delicious?
Here’s what you do:
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 6 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
- 1 egg white
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley flakes
- Garlic powder
1. Spray surface lightly with non-stick cooking spray, or use parchment paper (less mess).
2. Roll your Rhoades loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12×16-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and sit for 10-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and let cool slightly.
4. Add your desired spaghetti sauce and/or meat, to your cooked spaghetti.
5. Remove plastic wrap from dough. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of dough. Top spaghetti with sauce and cheese cubes.
6. Cut 1 ½-inch strips along the long sides of dough, to within ½-inch of filling.
7. Time to begin the braid. Begin by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
8. Lift braid with both hands and place on a large baking sheet, which has been sprayed with non-stick spray. (Or transfer parchment paper to baking sheet). Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic powder.
9. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.
You can see the step by step instructions and photos from the Rhodes Bake N Serve Blog.