Lemon Bar Recipe
A while back I posted several tips and tricks for lemons, and a Lemon Bar recipe. Just for kicks I thought I would separate the two. So here is my absolutely delicious Lemon Bar recipe!
- 2 Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter
- 4 Lg Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Lemon juice (Meyer lemons are best)
- ¼ Cup Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Fresh Lemon Rind (optional)
- Frosting (Optional, but preferred) I often double this for a 9×13 sized pan:
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs Milk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- For the crust, mix butter into the flour and sugar. You can use a pastry blender at first if that makes it more simple.
- Press into a 9×13 pan with your hands. The mixture should cling together.
- Bake crust at 350* for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While crust is baking, begin making the filling.
- Beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir flour and baking powder into egg mixture.
- Pour filling over the baked, cooled crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- When filling is cooked, you can immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar, or cool and frost with frosting recipe (my preferred method).
- For frosting, mix all 4 ingredients together. Frost lemon bars when cool.
- Cut and serve
- Lemon-Blueberry Cake Recipe (cleverhousewife.com)