Every year for hubby’s birthday, he requests his mom’s recipe of Pork Cutlets with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy! Hubby’s 33rd birthday was no different than the rest. Because our Mother’s Day festivities were held on my husband’s birthday, I made his birthday dinner on Mother’s Day. It turned out great, and there are NEVER leftovers. The kids all ask for seconds, and hubby most definitely asks for seconds.
My mouth is watering, just looking at the picture, and typing up the recipe!
- 6 Cubed Pork Steak or Thinly sliced Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Tbs beef bouillon (optional)
- 2-3 Tbs flour
- 1 cup milk, possibly more
- Beat egg and Tbs of milk together in a dish.
- Dip each piece of meat in egg mixture, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Fry cutlets in ¼ cup butter, on medium-high, until just browned on each side.
- Turn heat down to low, cover, and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove meat and place in the oven or microwave to keep warm.
- To drippings in pan, add beef bouillon (if desired) and flour. If not adding bouillon, salt and pepper. Mix, until drippings and flour is combined into a thick rue. If it seems really dry, you can add an additional tablespoon or two of butter.
- Turn the heat to medium, and add milk. Whisk with a fork, until combined well. There will be some lumbs from the drippings. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Serve gravy over pork cutlets and mashed potatoes.
- How to Cook Corn on the Cob for Large Crowds: Cooler Corn! (cleverhousewife.com)
- EveryDay With Rachael Ray Magazine Subscription Only $4.50 (cleverhousewife.com)