As Company Chicken Casserole is one of my top 5 recipes, it is definitely a keeper. Why stop there? You really ought to just print and save my top 5 recipes, which have been widely popular among Pinterest.
It may come as no surprise to you, but part of what makes this creamy base so good is good ol’ Cream of Chicken soup! This is a staple in our house, and with thanks to Amazon, you can have it sent right to you!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 wedges of onion
- 4 cups Pepperidge Farms Herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 8 oz frozen broccoli cuts – thawed (optional)
- Place chicken breasts, broth, garlic and onion in a skillet and bring just to a boil over medium high heat, turn heat down to medium, cover and simmer until pink is gone – about 15-20 min.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork and set aside. Reserve the broth (this should equal about 1 cup, but if it doesn’t add enough canned broth to equal a cup).
- Melt the butter and pour over stuffing mix in a bowl and whisk with a fork to blend.
- Spread half of the stuffing/butter mixture in a large casserole dish or glass 9 x 13” pan.
- Blend the soup, sour cream and reserved broth together with a wire whisk.
- Place shredded chicken over the layer of stuffing mix. If using broccoli, spread this over the chicken.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken, then top with the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 30 min at 350°. Serve and enjoy!