Turkey Chili – Low Weight Watchers Points
I know we are headed toward some warm days, but if you like to use your Slow Cooker in the summer, then you may want to try this Tasty Turkey Chili, which has a lot of flavor, and is low in Weight Watchers Points. I know one big bowl used to be 1 Weight Watchers point, but that was before the program changed to Points Plus. You’d have to calculate it to find out how many points it is now. The only thing that would count toward points really, is the beans.
- 1 lb ground turkey (sometimes I’ll use the Jennie-O Taco Seasoned Turkey and use less chili powder)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, diced
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 15 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 4 (16 oz) cans beans (I usually use 2 kidney and 2 other kinds of beans)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning (about 4 Tbs)
- 1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (about 3 Tbs)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 16 oz bag frozen corn
- ½ cup water
- In a frying pan (Or large stock pot, if you want to keep everything in one pan), brown turkey with onion, and add garlic.
- Saute for just a couple of minutes longer.
- Add browned turkey to Crock Pot, and combine with the remaining ingredients. Do not drain the beans!
- Heat through and serve.