Looking for ways to dress up and serve your bread? Just last week, I had one of the tastiest breads ever – Artichoke Bread! My mom has just been cooking up a storm these days, with all sorts of “Pinspiration”! This recipe comes from Closet Cooking, and is sure to please. The kids even begged for more. I apologize for the poor lighting in the photo – not the best picture day.
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 z cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- In a medium size bowl, mix artichoke hearts, green onions, garlic, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, reserving some of the cheese.
- Hollow ½ an inch out of the center of both halves of the bread. We didn't do this a whole lot, but wanted to make a little room.
- Spread the mixture into the hole you created, in the bread slices and top with the reserved cheese.
- Bake at 350°, covered in foil, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
This sounds delicious. A quick and easy way to fancy up bread.