Lemon Monkey Bread
Oh my goodness, this Lemon Monkey Bread gives a whole new meaning to Monkey Bread! First of all, I apologize about the picture quality. I tell you, I almost didn’t get a picture at all because these were getting eaten so fast! Instead of the sticky cinnamon bread that Monkey Bread usually refers to, this treat is light and lemony, with a nice sugar glaze. I think this Lemon Monkey Bread would serve well as breakfast, brunch, dessert, or even alongside dinner. My lemon tree has about had it’s fill of lemons for the year, but if I can go find another one or two, I think I will be making this again. This recipe is adapted from Baker Lady.
- 12 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Cut rolls in half and place in a greased 9×13″ pan, or two round 8″ pans.
- Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Mix lemon zest and sugar together in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the lemon sugar mixture over the rolls. Cover and let raise until doubled.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top and bake at 350°, for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, and drizzle over rolls while still warm.