Thai Brown Rice Salad
We are getting to the middle of Summer, and all of it’s heat. When it’s hot outside, I don’t like to eat really heavy, so I am all about finding and creating new and tasty salads. After some thought and collaborating, I came up with this Thai Brown Rice Salad, which is heavenly! I was recently sent several varieties of Hinode Rice products, and I really wanted to use the Calrose Brown Rice in a summer-y salad. I went back and forth with some different ingredients and knew that I wanted something really colorful, for Summer. I finally decided on something that would come across as a Thai tasting dish. The peanuts, pineapple and ginger tasting teriyaki sauce really do that for this salad. It is simple to make and would be great to serve at any upcoming 4th of July barbecues that you might have.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 Tbs sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup edamame
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbs Tavern on the Green Golden Ginger Teriyaki Sauce (If you can't find this brand, then try any teriyaki sauce and grate in a little fresh ginger)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- In a large bowl, add the rice, onions, pepper, pineapple, sunflower seeds, peanuts and edamame.
- In another bowl, or cup with a tight fighting lid, combine the olive oil, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice and garlic. Mix or shake well.
- Pour the sauce over the the salad and combine.
- Serve warm or cold, but I prefer it cold.
Hinode provided me with some product and compensation to compile the recipe and post. All opinions expressed are my own.