Baked Pork Chops With Apples
One of the very first recipes I ever posted on Cleverhousewife.com was for Baked Pork Chops with Apples. I posted the recipe for Valentine’s Day, using that week’s deals and sales. You really don’t have to place the pork chops in the shape of a heart – I only did that for the occasion. It has been a long time since I have shared the recipe so I thought I would re-share it, using my nifty printable recipe feature. Pork Chops and Apples are a great meal for Fall, and it has Great flavor!
- 6 Boneless Pork Chops
- 3 Large Apples, peeled and sliced.
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbs butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Cranberry Juice
- Sear pork chops, 2 minutes per side. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange apple slices in the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter.
- Top apples with seared pork chops. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cranberry juice over all and cover.
- Bake for 1 hour (or until tender). Make sure pork reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.