Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
Looking for another entree that you can stick in the crock pot or slow cooker, and forget about? I love coming home in the evening, to the smell of something tasty, that has been brewing and marinating all day. This Slow Cooker Shredded Beef recipe comes from my SIL, and is perfect for a variety of combinations. Get the meat cooking and have the family assemble their own burritos or tacos, for a quick and easy meal. I’m thinking the meat would be delicious in some cheesy enchiladas too! This shredded beef is very flavorful – I’d love to hear your ideas of what you would use the meat for!
I think this would serve well with a side of California Caviar and some chips!
- 5 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 16 oz can whole (or diced) peeled tomatoes
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 Tbs hot chili salsa (tabasco, or like it)
- 1 small can copped green chili
- ¾ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Trim roast of all visible fat.
- Combine all ingredients and let stand in fridge overnight (or all day).
- In the morning, place ingredients in Crock Pot and turn on low. Let sit all day.
- Just before serving, shred roast with a fork.
- Drain off the juice, and save it. Then shred the beef. When beef is shredded, add some of the juices back into the slow cooker, until you feel you have right right consistency. No rules here – just preference.
- Serve on rolls or tortillas.