Cheesy Chicken Stroganoff Crock Pot Recipe
I have been feeling so unbelievably swamped lately. Add a really bad cold to that and I feel like I’m drowning! This is all before the kids even come home from school. Then it’s a fight to get homework done, and the house picked up AGAIN. Then comes…oh what’s that called again? Oh yeah, Dinner! I am the queen of leaving dinner to the last minute, and it can be a real problem. It’s a mad rush to see what healthy-ish meal I can throw together and have ready in 15 minutes. Stroganoff has always one of those easy go-to meals for me.
Lately I have started to wisen up and make do my meal planning in the morning. This is in part due to the fact that I have late afternoon church on Sundays, and want a nice meal to come home to. Either way, my Crock Pot has become a good friend of mine. I especially love a super easy meal that I can throw together in the morning or early afternoon, and just let it stew. Then the aroma gets my house smelling nice all day, and I’ve got a delicious meal ready to go when we’re ready to eat! What’s better than that when you’re feeling a bit crazed?
I decided to invent a new way to eat Stroganoff, and it really turned out quite tasty. This meal is SO unbelievably affordable and easy, and everyone enjoyed it.
I use frozen chicken breasts, but if you have someone who is prone to food poisoning, you may want to thaw chicken first.
- 4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (Frozen okay)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Rice-A-Roni Creamy Four Cheese cheese packet (reserve rice for another dish, or cook and serve with this one)
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of Crock Pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup, sour cream and cheese packet. Mix until smooth, and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Lessen time for thawed chicken breasts, but frozen is much easier.
- Serve over pasta or the rice from the Rice-A-Roni.