“Breakfast-For-Dinner” French Toast
I love making breakfast for dinner! Its fun, easy, and always a crowd pleaser! This recipe for “breakfast-for-dinner” French toast is so simple. Made from ingredients usually on hand, this french toast is a good go-to meal when I’m not sure what to fix! My kids like to top it with butter and syrup, but I think it is most delicious plain and topped with chopped peaches, nectarines or strawberries. A little powdered sugar doesn’t hurt either. Yummm!
- 1 loaf of sliced white bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbs cinnamon
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- In a shallow bowl or pie pan, beat together eggs, milk and cinnamon with fork
- Use fork to quickly dip bread slice into egg mixture, making sure both sides are coated
- Place directly onto greased electric griddle or frying pan and cook approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle very lightly with powdered sugar
- Repeat process for each slice of bread
- Top with butter and syrup or fresh, chopped fruit
Leanne Cox is a guest writer for CleverHousewife.com. She is a stay-at-home mom to two kids, and a credentialed preschool teacher. Leanne teaches “mommy-and-me” and “preschool style” music & movement classes through her business “Little Stars Music & Movement Classes” . She is passionate about encouraging early childhood education through hands on learning and exploration