I am so excited because I have discovered a super easy recipe that is delicious and is easy enough for the kids to make! I FINALLY have my own personal chefs – YES! To make things even better, the kids had a blast making dinner and are excited for the next time they get to make this Bubble Pizza!
I have been racking my brain for a while not to come up with complete meals that the kids can handle on their own. I just kept coming up short. If you trust any of your kids with a knife, with supervision, then all they have to do is cut each individual refrigerated biscuit into 4 quarters.
If you have one of these cuties, then you’ve got the next step covered! Pour pizza sauce over the top of chopped up biscuits.
Have your little chef add the grated cheese and pizza toppings. Easy enough right? I had a second chef on standby, all ready to stir and combine those ingredients!
It might be slightly heavy so you MAY want to have a bigger chef do the stirring. We added pepperoni and chopped ham into our Bubble Pizza. YUM! Next time the kids want to see how pineapple tidbits will cook up in this pizza, because it’s their ultimate favorite pizza topping!
Have one chef preheat the oven to 350° and open it up for the heavy lifters!
Now here was the tricky part. Getting such a heavy pan into the oven without burning themselves. I let them do most of the lifting but because they are short and don’t have super long arms, I did help them scoot the pan in all the way. Voila! 22-25 minutes later and you’ve got Bubble Pizza that the kids made! Dinner is served and mom got to do a little extra reading, cleaning, Candy Crush, etc.
- 2 containers refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups pasta sauce or pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided (I like to use a combination of mozzarella and cheddar, or whatever I have on hand)
- 1 cup pizza toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven as per directions on package of biscuits.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped biscuit dough, sauce, 1½ cups cheese and toppings. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased oven safe skillet or casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 22 minutes, or until dough is completely cooked and cheese is bubbling.
- Allow pizza to cool for 5 minutes before serving, as it is very hot, and so is the handle!