I’m sure that most of us could use a few days to get away and to relax and rejuvenate. Unfortunately that is not in the cards for most of us. As such, I thought I would share some relaxation tips with you, that you can do in 5 minutes, or in half a day or more. It’s nice to have some options because different days allow for different amounts of time.
- 5 minutes: Create a relaxing atmosphere wherever you are with new home scents. Air Wick’s new National Park Collection has four new fragrances inspired by some of our nation’s favorite parks. Go to your local drugstore and pick up one of their Plug-In scents or candles, and get ready to bring the calming scents of nature into your at-home spa. I recommend pairing nice scents with some calming music for just the right effect. Those two things together do wonders for me and my mood, and energy level!
- 10-20 minutes: Brighten your face with a quickie facial. Pick up the Freeman Beauty Rose Brightening Facial Mask at your local drugstore for just $1.99. The mask is ready to go; just pop it on your clean face, wait 10-20 minutes, and then remove. Rub in the leftover serum, and apply the rest of your nightly moisturizer, and head to bed.
- 1 hour+: Go to a local department store and get your makeup done! I love doing this! Unfortunately I don’t have a department store in town anymore, so these moments are few and far between, but it’s sure nice to get done up before going out for the night! Elizabeth Arden counters at Macy’s, can give you a makeup makeover and show you tips and tricks for looking your best without stressing about whether a shade looks good on your beautiful face.
- Half Day or more: Go get a relaxing massage, spa treatment, or enjoy a restful meditation with a Yoga class with teachers based in India. You can look up a spa or local Yoga center near you on SpaFinder.com, book an appointment, and get ready to relax. The site has listings for all types of wellness services from facials for sensitive skin to spin classes. They can also help you book your next vacation at a five star travel destination.
- What to Wear: Whether you decide to hang at home or head out for spa or wellness activities, pop on a comfortable outfit. Leggings are an easy option, like the Slim & Tone Leggings by Genie, which have a built-in shaper and high waist to smooth out any trouble areas on your lower half while at Yoga, lounging with your favorite book or taking a restorative walk on the beach. I am going to take this tip a bit farther though.
Once I have gotten rejuvenated, I am ready to get looking cute and head out on a date. I have just the products to help! These products are perfect for a busy momma like me, who doesn’t have as much time to work out as I’d like, and doesn’t currently have the PERFECT body. I kid you not, but slipping into the Genie CamiShaper, Slim & Tone Leggings and/or the Milana Bra, seriously makes me feel cute, attractive, and like a woman! I plan to teach you a bit more about these products, so read on…
The CamiShaper by Genie comes in packs of 3. You can select from 6 different color schemes, to find the right set for you. I have the South Beach set which comes with very bright CamiShapers in blue, green and red. While I love the CamiShaper, I do wish I had been sent a more neutral set of colors to go with more of the clothes I already own. I don’t get to wear them much because the colors just don’t seem to match a lot that I have. Now for what I LOVE about them….
I have never owned a tank or under shirt that held everything together so well. With 5 zones of comfortable compression, each of your trouble areas are held in nicely, for nice smooth lines. This really worked and I felt more trim than I have in months! I may need a size bigger because one thing I noticed was that the cami did tend to want to roll up when sitting down. I’m curious if a bigger size would stay down better.
Now for the Genie Slim & Tone Leggings. Oh how I love these! I have tried a variety of leggings, shorts, etc. to hold things in and all of them had one common problem – they all rolled down when I sat down. The Slim & Tone Leggings do not roll down! The high waist stayed up for me and held me together in so many places, including my thighs! I felt more comfortable wearing things that I wouldn’t have otherwise worn, all because of these leggings. These come in full length and in capri. I am partial to the black and the charcoal pairs, but I say get what goes with your wardrobe!
If you want a little something cute peeping up above your neckline, without having to wear a whole under shirt or cami, the Milana Bra is for you! Not only is this bra super comfortable, but it has an over-layer of lace that pops up above the bra line. I am able to wear this bra with other shirts that typically require a tank underneath, to avoid a super low neckline. The addition of the lace just helps me feel feminine. My only complaint about this bra is that the fabric isn’t super breathable so my back gets a little hot at times. Will be perfect during the winter months though!
Now that you’ve got some tips for relaxing and then for looking and feeling your best, hit the town with your man!