I am a Filtrete Brand Ambassador, and as such, have been asked to share some Spring Cleaning tips. While compensation will be received, all opinions expressed are my own.
Spring Cleaning – ugh! A necessary evil, but feels oh so good once it’s done. I find the best way to tackle a job is with a checklist and an end result in mind. To aid you with your home organization goals, I’ve got a Spring Cleaning Checklist worth checking out before tackling your clutter. To top it off, I’m giving away a $50 gift card to put towards creating a “healthier home”! The entry details are at the bottom of the post.
Spring Cleaning Checklist
1. Start one room at a time.
2. Be brutal in throwing things out and discarding/donating worn, seldom used, and unused items.
3. Arm yourself with appropriate cleaning supplies for each job. Might I recommend nontoxic cleaners. For your dusting needs, Filtrete recommends using moist cloths (instead of feather dusters) to ensure that you’re picking up dust and not spreading it around.
4. Take the necessary sorting receptacles into each room with you.
5. Begin sorting, using the following questions as your guide:
– Is this worth keeping, and when was the last time I used it? Try not to let sentiment be your driving force.
– Can someone else benefit from this item more than me?
– Should this be stored for a different season?
– Is this item in the proper room/location?
6. Remember dust gathers inside closets, drawers, cabinets, window sills and along baseboards. Give them a good vacuum and wiping down. Don’t forget those ceiling fans and light fixtures.
7. Now that you’re all sorted, be sure to take all items to their appropriate places, and not let them sit and collect in your basement or garage.
8. Your final step now that your place is sorted and fresh, take care to swap out your air filters for the Filtrete Odor Reduction Filters. These filters are 65 times more effective than other carbon filters when it comes to removing odors from the entire home, such as those from cooking, tobacco smoke, pets, mildew and cleaning chemicals. Filtrete Odor Reduction Filters will keep your air fresh for longer, cut down on dust and allergens, as well as reduce odors!
As a Filtrete Brand Ambassador, I get to give one lucky Clever Housewife reader a $50 gift card to go towards creating a healthier home. This giveaway will end at 11:59pm PT on 4/22. To enter, fill out the form below.