A couple of weeks ago I decided to start writing about my experiences of hiring a family law and divorce attorney and going through the entire process, but what I really wanted to go over was my dating experience afterwards. So far, it has NOT been pretty! I am also requesting that you all help me come up with nicknames for the fellas. Be sure to read my first post, if you haven’t already, where you can meet the first two guys. I still haven’t found the perfect name for the first guy, except maybe Rebound Guy, but I like Norma’s suggestion of Mr. Selfie for guy number two. Don’t forget to comment with your suggestions.
Now for the next guys….
1. This one is not a fun one. I met a guy online, whom I then met in person. Good looking guy, who was supposedly very active in church, but I think he only wanted one thing. I think you know what that is. This guy was scary because he actually told me he was going to rape me. Then he told me that the next time he sees me (not happening), he would make me give him a BJ. Real charming huh? I managed to get out of the situation without it getting too ugly, but it wasn’t pretty and it was definitely scary. I’ll spare you all the details (especially you, mom).
As I mentioned, I did some online dating. There is a website designed for Mormons to meet other Mormons. You would think there is some security and safety in this, but you would be wrong. Many of these guys portray themselves differently than what they really are.
2. The next guy I also met online and went on a date. Conversation was slightly dry, but he was nice enough. I just didn’t gather he was interested at all. I called the evening a little short because we seemed to be running out of things to talk about. He texts me later that evening and tells me he wished we could have hung out more. I was surprised and told him I didn’t think he was interested. He assured me he was. So we go out again because I figured I give him another shot. There may have even been a kiss at the end of the night. He then texted me regularly for a couple of weeks and said how he couldn’t wait to go out again. He never asked me out though. Then he would text every couple of days and says, “Hi, how are you?” I respond and then nothing for another couple of days. Then we repeat the same lame question, with no response. No third date. No more real conversation. So weird, right? (Nickname?)
3. How about this guy? 30 year old man who lives at home, has no real job and is in school. An only child too; so no experience with children. He seemed to like me quite a bit, but really? I’ve got 4 kids and he didn’t seem to have a clue what raising kids was like. He’d question my parenting on occasion (via text) and that was enough for me.
All of these guys were the same religion and I had met them online, just like the first two. I decided to try something different. That’s when a friend told me about Tinder. Mostly a game really. You go on for a little confidence boost to see who swiped right on your profile.
4. I met a Ukrainian guy on Tinder, in person, and just once. Cute enough and definitely some great conversation. Very intellectual, but still a student. Getting ready for law school. No religion, which presents its own issues since I am religious. Also drinks, which I do not. We still keep in touch, but a relationship here makes me a little nervous. Sigh.
5. Met a super nice guy online. Had very fun and intellectual conversations and met right off the bat. Hit it off so we decided to be spontaneous and plan a fun trip to Disney World together. Purchased our flights and pitched for the hotels and park tickets and everything. Then a couple of weeks before our trip (a week after booking the flight) he drops a bomb that he’s decided he’s leaving the church and doesn’t want to date any Mormon girls. He didn’t know this a week earlier?? UGH! So, I took my oldest son on the trip and had a great time.
6. Are you ready for this one???? I have not been in the dating scene long, but as you can see I’ve had a rough go of it. I finally thought I found a good good guy. Seemed so honest and caring, and non judgmental. The problem? He lives n Florida. We debated the long distance thing and even started to plan him to fly out and meet me. Conversations were so great and we made each other laugh a lot. Then something happened. He turned out to be a pathological liar. One day he is talking about flying out to see me, and the next he is making up stories about his dad being in the ER and getting transferred to another hospital. Even used medical terminology of what was wrong. The next story was about his phone breaking and couldn’t text. Then said he was going to the temple to get some answers about us. Wrote a long thoughtful email about how we could be great together, but decided he could never move from Florida. Cared a lot for me and wanted me to be happy, etc. etc. Sounds like a great guy huh? But then I found out that his dad was never in the hospital and that he never went to the temple to get answers. Who knows what else this douche bag was lying about! Needless to say, we won’t be speaking again.
Alright, there are some guys I’m leaving out but these are the highlights. Let’s hear your nicknames for each of them, and feel free to throw in some for the guys in the last post! Any of these guys the guy for me? Some real winners out there hm? Dating is so scary and so discouraging. Someone tell me there are still good guys out there!!
P.S. I JUST remembered another winner!!! Number 7. Local guy. Met online and exchanged phone numbers to talk and text. I only talked to him once. Or rather…..he talked……for an hour and a half. ABOUT HIMSELF! I couldn’t even get a word in to say I had to go. His phone died in the middle and he talked to himself for 15 minutes before he realized I wasn’t there. Called back and talked MORE. I put the phone down on my chest and just said uh huh when he’d ask if I was still there. The next day I told him I didn’t know men could talk that much. He got all butt hurt so there’s that.