As we approach the middle of a college semester, I recall this time of year being one filled with a longing for home – especially my Freshman year. That first month of college is exciting and filled with learning, growth and fun. If you’re lucky, the fun doesn’t stop, but as classes get more difficult, disagreements with roommates start occurring and you haven’t found the perfect boy to go out with, a bit of homesickness sets in. So what can you folks at home do for those college kids who might be missing home? Put together a care package with dorm friendly snacks, and include this recipe for Easy Caramel Popcorn. Your college student will know they are loved and they’ll be set for a busy week of mids (tests) or a fun weekend with their roommates. This could come in handy for Halloween too!
College students are always in need of the essentials and Amazon just made it easier for you to get them. I am loving the new #AmazonWishList feature (I’m already using it for myself) because you can keep a running list of essentials or wants your student needs. Then have them sent directly to their door without ever having to enter a store!
For those dorm friendly snack ideas:
- Slim Jim: Accept no imposters! Slim Jim is the original meat stick. When you need a snack that’s as bold as you are, Snap Into a Slim Jim! Great for that quick protein boost before your student enters class for their exams.
- Swiss Miss: Nothing brings warmth on a cold day like a cup of Swiss miss hot cocoa. Our hot cocoa mix is made with fresh milk from local farms and blended with premium blended cocoa. Try Swiss Miss’ newest cocoa treat–Simply cocoa- just five simple ingredients with no artificial flavors or preservatives.
- DAVIDS: Want a healthy, great tasting snack you can grab anywhere? Then grab a bag of DAVID seeds. DAVID seeds has great flavors you’ll love–grab a bag of original or try something new like Ranch, BBQ, Jalepeno Hot Salsa or Dill Pickle. These are great for the big game!
- Orville: Light, fluffy, delicious..Orville Redenbacher’s is the perfect treat for anytime. Looking for a new snack that is low on calories but big on taste? Try the new varieties of Skinny Popcorn. Every student needs some R&R and to kick back with some popcorn and a movie. Include my recipe for Easy Caramel Popcorn, and they’ll be the popular student on the floor!
Put your care package together during the #AmazonWishlist shopping party and get $1 off when you purchase Slim Jim, Swiss Miss, DAVIDS, and Orville from Twitter. Be sure to join the party on October 15th from 11-12pm EST.
Amazon will be offering special promotions during the hour on the featured products purchased using the #AmazonWishList feature. This includes $1 off all featured products that are purchased during the party using #AmazonWishList and #AmazonHasIt. Be sure to follow #CollectiveBias as well. As a bonus, Amazon will be giving away 10 Kindles to give away as prizes during the party!
- 1/2 bag of large marshmallows (about 20-25)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 packages microwave popcorn, popped
- Combine marshmallows, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla extract in a pot over medium-low heat until the marshmallows are completely melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl pour marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and stir with a large spoon until popcorn is coated. Allow to cool and serve.
I had no idea it was this easy to make caramel corn tat home! Thanks so much for sharing this – it looks so easy and convenient ordering everything using Amazon! #client