These cookies…. Mmmmmmm! I don’t even think words can accurately describe how amazing these cookies are. They are firm and crispy on the outside and soft and chocolatey on the inside. They are amazing warm, straight out of the oven but taste even better (if that is possible) the next day.
I had people over for dinner a few nights ago and wanted something kind of fun for dessert, so I served these cookies along with glasses of ice cold milk. Let’s just say it was a win! Everyone enjoyed the classic combo that took them back to the days of milk and cookies after-school. It made for a unique dessert, that added a touch of nostalgia to the evening.
So as my gift to you, I am sharing my “You Won’t Believe How Amazing” Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. Whip these up, grab a glass of milk, and Enjoy!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of ginger
5 cups oatmeal
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Heat butter to slightly above room temperate and mix with sugars until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and continue to mix until smooth.
2. Add flour, salt, baking soda and spices. Mix in until smooth.
3. Add oatmeal, 1 cup at a time, incorporating into batter completely. Add chocolate chips and mix until blended.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown on a greased cookie sheet.
5. All to cool completely on cookie sheet. Remove and enjoy!
Makes 3-4 dozen medium sized cookies