In just one more day August will be here and school will follow in just a week and a half. Between packing up and moving within the next month, and prepping for school, I’m trying to squeeze in as much family time as possible. I’m not ready to say goodbye to family fun days, and luckily my partners at Tasteful Selections agree. I’ve partnered with them to create easy recipes that can give moms and dads Rescued Moments – less time in the kitchen and more time being the kind of parent you want to be. My Cheesy Potato and Sausage Foil Packets will not only save time in the kitchen, but are tasty for the kids and adults!
I always get pleasure from watching my kids and husband completely clean up their plates because the meal was so good. In this case all that was left were empty foil wrappings. Because it’s been so hot I turned to my grill for an easy foil packet dinner that took hardly any time at all. The best part is the kids were able to keep on swimming while the grill did the cooking.
I have to tell ya Tasteful Selections Potatoes are part of what make some of my dinnertime recipes so easy. Unlike russet potatoes that need scrubbing and sometimes peeling, Tasteful Selections honey gold potatoes have tender skins and are pre-washed. No peeling or washing necessary, and they are small in size, which helps speed up cook time.
You could probably cook the honey gold potatoes whole in these Cheesy Potato and Sausage foil packets, but for ease of eating, and to speed up cook time, I chopped each one in half. Top with some of your favorite precooked sausage, cheeses and a little Paprika, and you’ve got one delicious meal in the making. Little prep time needed, and more time with that family makes this meal a win! With Tasteful Selections, I’m minutes away from being the mom I want to be right now.
For another win, enter the Tasteful Selections #RescuedMoments Sweepstakes, for a chance to win a $4,000 home makeover, or some awesome prizes for the kitchen! Good luck, and happy cooking!
- Prep Time 10 mins - Cook Time 20 mins - Serving Size 6
- 1 bag Tasteful Selections honey gold potatoes, sliced in half
- 1 smoked sausage link, sliced and cut in half
- 6 Tbs shredded cheese
- 3-4 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and paprika, to taste
- Tear off 6 pieces of foil, approximately 10x14".
- In the center of each piece of foil, place about 1/3 cup potatoes, 1/4 cup sausage slices, 1 Tbs shredded cheese, and 4 cubes Velveeta cheese. Sprinkle a little salt and paprika over the top. Can add 1 Tbs water if desired for extra moisture.
- Fold up foil packets and cook on the grill for 10 minutes, on low. Flip and cook an additional 10 minutes. Remove from grill with tongs and allow to cool slightly before opening and eating.
Leave a Comment