‘Tis the season for family togetherness, good eats and fun! I’m so excited! I’ve been doing a lot of cooking and baking now that the weather is colder, and I’m so happy to partner with Safeway today since it has been my go-to shopping destination. It has been a one-stop shop for all of my holiday baking needs, with more than 400 USDA-certified O Organics products in nearly every aisle. I love all of the fresh goodness and O Organics products to add to my dishes. Because it’s the season for pumpkin spice and everything nice, I want to share an awesome Layered Pumpkin Dessert my family loves.
O Organics 100% Pure Pumpkin
The heart and soul of this recipe is O Organics 100% Pure Pumpkin. Did you even know you could get organic pumpkin? O Organics products are available in the Northern California exclusively at Safeway Stores. Not in Northern California? No problem! O Organics is sold in Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway. Visit here to find a store near you and discover more meal prep tips and recipe ideas.
Layered Pumpkin Dessert
This Pumpkin Cake recipe is super simple, so don’t let the layers fool you! I know there are many pumpkin cake recipes that require baking, layering, and more baking, but this one isn’t that way. Get all of your layering done up front and then bake and enjoy! This recipe uses a dry yellow cake mix, which I find to pair very nicely with pumpkin. You’ll have your crust, filling and crumb topping for the perfect combination of flavors. In my opinion, it’s pretty hard to screw up too!
In addition to the pumpkin, you can also pick up O Organics butter, cinnamon, brown eggs and more for your baking needs! O Organics offers a wide variety of USDA-certified organic products that are available to everyone at a great value. Affordable O Organics products is just one of the reasons I love shopping at Safeway because they make healthy eating easier with a wide variety of high-quality products. I never would have thought you could make holiday treats even better with organic items, but it’s true!
As if the holidays couldn’t get any better, Safeway now offers delivery of your grocery items! Interested in trying Safeway grocery delivery this holiday season?! Safeway wants to give you savings on your 1st order:
- Free Delivery on your 1st order – or –
- $25 Off + Free Delivery on your 1st order when you spend $100 or more. Enter promo code: SEASONSEATINGS at online checkout. Order by 1/14/18.
Pick up everything on your holiday shopping lists at Safeway, and dive into this delicious Layered Pumpkin Cake!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- ½ cup O Organics Organic Salted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 15 oz O Organics 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup reserved cake mix
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp O Organics Cinnamon
- ¼ cup O Organics Organic Salted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
- To prepare the crust, mix together the cake mix (reserving 1 cup for later), butter and egg, until combined. Press into dish.
- Using the same mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients and pour over the unbaked crust.
- Use a fork to mix topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling layer.
- Bake cake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway.