Back-to-school time has been extremely busy for us this year, which means less time for meal prep. I’m partnering with Crazy Cuizine to share our Easiest Fried Rice and Orange Chicken recipes. They provided the quick prep Mandarin Orange Chicken and we’ve come up with the easiest Fried Rice recipe ever. This whole meal is so breezy the kids can make it and give you a break from all the taxi driving you’ve been doing!
Crazy Cuizine products can be found in the freezer section of most grocery stores. Make easy Asian-inspired meals yourself with their Orange Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Korean BBQ Chicken and more! We’ve only tried the Mandarin Orange Chicken so far and it’s delish – my kids couldn’t get enough of it. Each box is made with high-quality ingredients, and are entirely free of preservatives, trans fat and added MSG.
To make the Orange Chicken, Miss Bea just poured two boxes onto a baking sheet and baked for 15 minutes or so. Just before the chicken is done cooking, heat up the sauce packets in the microwave and toss with the finished chicken. Easy peasy!
For a complete meal, Bea whipped up the Easiest Fried Rice that didn’t require any chopping. She’s 10 and not super comfortable chopping evenly sliced veggies yet so we found a bag of frozen chopped onions, carrots and celery, and paired it with a partial bag of frozen peas. It was perfect!
Check out the complete recipe below and share these two hacks with your kiddos so they can get to cooking dinner! On a busy night, you’ll thank us!
Easiest Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Canola Oil
- 10 oz frozen veggies (chopped onion, carrots and celery)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and soy sauce to a boil. Quickly add rice, stir and cover with a lid. Turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes, per instructions on Minute Rice.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in a frying pan, over medium high heat. Add vegetables, garlic and salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes, or until veggies appear to be cooked and garlic starts to brown.
- Push vegetables to one side and crack eggs into the frying pan. Scramble and incorporate with the vegetables.
- Add cooked rice to the frying pan and stir until everything is combined. If any water remains, continue to stir and cook until water evaporates.
- Serve with Mandarin Orange Chicken.