Last week was my family reunion in Utah, and I had such a great time. One of the things that helps to make the few days together a real treat, is all of the fabulous food! Bringing everyone’s culinary skills together to create yummy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts, is so fun – especially since I have a love affair with food! One evening for dessert, we had these delectable Oreo Truffles. These chewy rich little chocolate balls are so good, and because they are rich, you really don’t feel like you need to eat a lot of them. I was always under the impression that truffles are hard to make, but these are so simple! I could have handled a couple more I’m sure, but was happy to share. This recipe is adapted from Kraftfoods.com.
- 1 9z pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg Oreos
- 12-18 squares Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- Place Oreos in a food processor, to create crumbs.
- Thorougly mix cookie crumbs with cream cheese.
- Form 1″ balls out of the cookie and cream cheese mixture.
- Place balls onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Put cookie sheet of balls in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to chill while completing the next step.
- Melt the chocolate, however you like best. You can put the chocolate in a saucepan on low, stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove chocolate from heat and coat the chocolate balls with melted chocolate.
- Return to the lined cookie sheet and refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve and Enjoy!