It has been a bit since I have shared a dessert recipe, and I’ve got just the thing for you! For all you chocolate lovers, this Chocolate Cobbler is super easy and super delish! This recipe is very similar to a Hot Fudge Sundae Cake that I used to make. This recipe is adapted from Where Flours Bloom. Best if served hot and with a scoop of ice cream. There will be extra sauce underneath the cake part – great for scooping over some vanilla ice cream.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour (or 1 cup all-purpose flour + 1½ tsp baking powder and ½ tsp salt)
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- ½ cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1¼ cup water
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cocoa, milk, butter an vanilla.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x13 glass baking dish.
- For the top mixture, Mix ingredients together and sprinkle evenly over the batter in the dish.
- Pour 1¼ cups water gently over the entire dish. Do Not Mix - just gently poor over all.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.