Red Pepper Hummus Potato Salad
Potato Salad is one of those dishes that often comes out when having a barbeque, homegate, tailgate, or a party. For our Halloween Party, I decided to switch things up a bit by making my potato salad with Sabra Hummus. My friends and I just love their Hummus, and I wanted to find a fun, new way to use it up. Eating Hummus the traditional way, with veggies and chips, is always great, but incorporating the hummus in a recipe was a fun challenge. I created a Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Potato Salad that I thought was super tasty!
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs worcetershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- paprika (optional)
- Cut red potatoes into bite-size pieces. Boil potatoes in salted water for about 8-10 minutes. You want potatoes to be tender, but not to be formed.
- Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water.
- To roast pine nuts, simply place them on a baking sheet and toast under Broil, until they start to turn color.
- In a large bowl, mix the potatoes with the onions, nuts and olives.
- Combine remaining ingredients and gently fold into the potatoes. Sprinkle lightly with paprika, if desired.
- Serve potato salad warm or cold. I enjoy it both ways!
Not only do I have a fantastic new recipe to share with you, but
3 Clever Housewife readers will win their own Sabra Prize Pack, which includes the following:
- Sabra Apron
- Sabra e-reader bamboo stand (for use with nook, kindle, iPad, etc – washable – perfect for the kitchen!) – fine print, device not included.
- A Sabra metal stylus with rubber tip (no smudges on your recipe screen 🙂
- Sabra Free Product Coupons X2
This giveaway has ended.