I had hoped to get my roll recipe up to share with you all yesterday, but then I locked my keys in my car, while at the grocery store. That put me behind by about an hour last night. So if you are still in need of a great roll recipe for Thanksgiving dinner, then give this one a try. This tasty Roll Recipe is the one we always have for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. They are not too difficult to make, in my opinion. The key to having great rolls is having good, active yeast.
My mom has been making these rolls for our family for ages, and they’re always sorely missed if they don’t get made, or sometimes if someone else makes them. Mom just does them right, and I hope your family can now enjoy these perfect rolls. They’re the one Thanksgiving dish that never seems to make it to leftover Friday.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 pkg active dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 4 – 4½ cups flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water, with a pinch of sugar (to activate).
- Beat in the eggs.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- When cooled, add butter to yeast mixture.
- Gradually add the flour, sugar and salt to the mixing bowl, and mix until smooth, or dough climbs up the blade/hook.
- Let rise once, then knead and shape into rolls.
- Place each roll in a greased pan and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375° until golden brown – about 15-20 min. Brush a little butter over the tops, while warm.