Cocoa Peppermint Meltaways
If you haven’t been able to tell from recent posts, I love my meltaway cookie recipes! So many fantastic ways to eat them. If you are a chocolate/peppermint kind of fan, then you will love these Cocoa Peppermint Meltaways. They simply melt in your mouth, and make for a fantastic Christmas treat. Be very careful not to overbake or they crumble. 8 minutes is just right for me on the West Coast. Different elevations may have different baking times. Trial and Error.
If you like these then you’ll LOOOVE the regular Peppermint Meltaways. They’re my FAV!
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint
- 1 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- red food coloring
- Heat oven to 325°. Cream powdered sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour, cornstarch and cocoa to creamed mixture.
- Mix at low speed until all ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in peppermint.
- Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes to make handling easier.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute before carefully removing cookies from cookie sheet. Cool completely, then frost with a dollop of frosting.
- Beat butter until smooth, then add remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Allow frosting to set before storing.