I recently received a wide variety of Shiloh Farms products to test out and review. So far, I have tried 2 different recipes with the ingredients from Shiloh Farms. My husband and I recently traveled to Hawaii for our 20th anniversary. The tropical flavors I savored there were the inspiration for both recipes. I found Shiloh Farms products to be of high quality and very tasty. I appreciate that they are a GLUTEN FREE dedicated Facility. Although I don’t have celiac disease and I’m not Gluten intolerant, I try to limit my Gluten intake. I just feel better when I do.
Tropical Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a great way to add grains to my diet, while staying clear of gluten. I serve rice a lot too, but it can get boring. The added benefit of quinoa is that 1 cup of cooked quinoa contains 8.14 grams of protein, without the extra cholesterol and fat found in animal protein sources. I used the Shiloh Farms Organic Red Quinoa to create a Tropical Quinoa Salad – perfect for summer gatherings! I recently brought the Tropical Quinoa salad to a potluck and had many positive comments. Now I get to share the recipe with all of you!
Then check out these Tropical Cookies with Macadamia Nuts & Vanilla Chips. It will satisfy a sweet tooth without gluten! Be sure to check out Shiloh Farms for great wholesome foods to add to your pantry, and into your diet!
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro or parsley
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water or chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1-2 avocados, cut into small cubes (depending on how much you love avocado and how big the avocados are)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 medium juicy lemon)
- 1 1/2 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1/2 medium juicy lime)
- 2-3 tsp sugar, honey, agave, or Splenda (just add it to taste)
- 2 Tbs pure olive oil
- 1/2 heaping tsp kosher salt
- A few cracks of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Cook quinoa in water or broth, according to package instructions
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine diced cucumber, onion, cilantro, mango, and pepitas in a large salad bowl. Toss with quinoa. Drizzle the dressing over the mixture and toss to combine, then chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, add diced avocado and eat immediately.