“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Honeysuckle White. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
With the start of school came the beginning of soccer season! We went from having really slow days to near chaos! All at once, we started soccer for all 4 kids, scouts for 3, gymnastics for 2, and ballet for 1. Needless to say, we aren’t home a lot on weeknights now, which means I need to get creative with my cooking. I’ve decided that Tuesday needs to be my slow cooker day, because we’re just not home long enough in the afternoon, to prepare dinner. Then I cook a ton so we have leftovers for the next crazy night. Honeysuckle White turkey is perfect for this, so I’m going to share my easy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast recipe, to make your weeknights a little easier.
I am on a no-carb diet, but I’ve also cut out meats that are higher in fat, so turkey is perfect for me. Honeysuckle White* is committed to offering better food at a better price, that’s why their turkeys raised without growth-promoting antibiotics are available without a premium price. Affordable eating that you can feel good about – that’s what I’m talkin’ about! Before I get right to my recipe, I’m going to share a few easy tips to keep in mind while cooking the bone-in turkey breast.
- Don’t let the bone intimidate you – look at it as a free bouillon packet to add flavor
- Cook your turkey slowly for the best taste and tenderness
- Use big, bright flavors
- Our turkey loves balanced elements such as fresh citrus and acidic ingredients
- Make sure to remove the skin from the bone-in breast after cooking
If you have a seasoning you LOVE then you can definitely add that to this method of cooking, and it’ll turn out great. Otherwise, you can take cue from what I used. The best thing about this recipe is that it takes only a few minutes to prepare, and then you just let it cook away in the slow cooker! You can keep it simple and don’t make gravy, and serve with my easy Oven Roasted Potatoes, or just add a little cornstarch and milk to the turkey drippings, for a yummy gravy over mashed potatoes.
- 1 Honeysuckle White turkey breast
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and separated
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bundle of fresh lemon thyme
- Favorite rub of your choice (I like a sweet and spicy type of rub)
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Place garlic, onion, lemon and thyme in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Give the turkey a good rub down with your favorite fub, and place on top of ingredients in slow cooker.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cook, covered, on low for 7-8 hours, or high for about 4-5 hours. Internal temperature of turkey should be 165°.
- Feel free to scoop out cooked garlic and serve with turkey (that's my fave)!