This recipe post was sponsored by Avocados From Mexico in partnership with the Mom It Forward Influencer Network. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
The Big Game is coming up and it wouldn’t be complete without some amazing eats! One thing I love about game day food is that most everything is typically eaten with the fingers and not utensils! Less dishes is always a good thing in my book, and for maybe the first time ever, I’ve found a way to eat salad without a fork! My Santa Fe Steak Salad Taco Boats are not only packed with flavor, but it also fits nicely in your hand.
There are a few items that really make this salad truly amazing, aside from the handheld portion. This salad contains simple ingredients you likely already have already the house. If you don’t have something on hand, you can easily change up the toppings, as long as you keep the yummy guacamole, made with two key ingredients: Avocados From Mexico and TABASCO® Sauce. There are so many delicious guacamole recipes out there that require a lot of dicing and chopping, and the risk of burning your hands with handling the jalapeño, but I say go easy and skip that business. You can get a lot of flavor with little effort, just by adding a splash of TABASCO® Sauce!
Once you have a truly great guacamole recipe, the kitchen is your oyster. Avocados From Mexico are so versatile and when you create your guac you can add it to breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacking! When you have a tasty guacamole, you can skip the salad dressing because the guac is all you need! For my Santa Fe Steak Salad, top with guac and stick it in a taco boat and you’ll be ready to cheer your team onto a victory with a satisfied belly.
When selecting your steak, make sure you pick a cut that is super tender, and be careful not to overcook and create tough bites. Since you’ll want to eat this without a fork and knife, for the Big Game, you will definitely want tender bites of goodness.
I opted to flavor the guacamole with TABASCO® Sauce because it pairs so nicely with a good steak, and it’s made with 3 simple ingredients: tabasco peppers, a small amount of salt and high-quality vinegar. It’s a great way to get a lot of flavor without the hassle. TABASCO® Sauce will Flavor Your World and liven up almost any recipe or dish.
Because we want your Game Day parties to be a success, I’ve teamed up with 4 other blogs to help you make more fantastic handheld Game Day Recipes! You can also get more ideas from the Avocados From Mexico Pinterest Board.
To make things extra special for your Game Day party, I’m giving away a $1,000 prize! To enter, fill out the form below:
- 6 Taco Boats
- 2 New York Strip Steaks, cut into strips
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese, chopped
- ½ cup crispy fried onions (optional)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Avocados From Mexico
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp salt
- TABASCO® Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan, over medium-high heat. Saute steak until browned on all sides, and season with a little salt and pepper.
- To make guacamole, add avocados, tomato, onion, juice of one lime and salt to a bowl and mash together with a fork. Add 3-4 drops of TABASCO® Sauce and stir. Can add more depending on your spice level.
- Begin building the boats by adding the lettuce to the taco boats, then top with beans, corn, cheese, cooked steak and crispy fried onions. Divide all ingredients between 6-8 boats. Top with guacamole and more TABASCO® Sauce if desired. Serve immediately.