I am participating in Influence Central’s Ambassador program on behalf of Claritin®. This program is paid for by the Makers of Claritin® and I have received compensation for my participation. All opinions expressed are my own.
I went through 30 years of life before developing seasonal allergies. At least, I thought I did. Over the past few years, my allergies have gotten increasingly worse and I’ve come to realize how much they can alter one’s life. I’ve been working with doctors over the past year to figure out how to not let my allergies take control of my life. Because I’ve been more aware than ever of the effects allergies can have on a person, I’ve been keeping an eye on my kids and any allergies they may be developing. I’ve come across some tips to manage kids allergies and wanted to share them with you so we can be in this together!
I just learned about the Smart Allergy Mom™ Toolkit by the makers of Children’s Claritin® and I’ve started using it as a resource to get questions answered, and open up dialogue with our pediatrician.
The Smart Allergy Mom™ Toolkit has tips on how to manage allergies in kids. Some of the aids include:
- Allergy Forecaster to track the pollen count in your area
- Learning some of the differences between allergy and cold symptoms
- Talking points to use with your pediatrician
- Information about different types of indoor and outdoors allergies
Once you’re properly educated on allergies and how they affect your kids, you’ll likely be looking for a treatment plan. Of course, it’s always best to consult with your pediatrician on the matter. I personally keep allergy medication on hand because you never know when allergy symptoms will strike. Here are some benefits of Children’s Claritin® – a brand we keep on hand:
- Children’s Claritin® is the only brand that provides 24 hour, non-drowsy allergy relief products among oral over the counter Children’s brands. It is the #1 Pediatrician Recommended Non-Drowsy Oral Allergy Brand
- Can be used for kids ages 2+
- Available in chewable (grape or bubblegum) or syrup (grape) and for children 6 and over, Claritin® offers RediTabs (orally dissolvable tablets that melt in your mouth)
If this whole allergy thing is new to your and/or your kids, you’ll likely be looking for information and options. I highly recommend starting with the Smart Allergy Mom™ Toolkit and preparing to visit with your children’s’ pediatrician. You’ve got this, and hopefully you’ll find the right solution in no time!