With Fall coming soon, I thought I’d find a yummy way to use up all of the yummy Butternut Squash that may be hanging around. I love sipping on warm homemade soup when it’s chilly outside. It seems to warm my belly, and my soup. I thought you might enjoy this homemade Butternut Squash Soup recipe.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped (or dry basil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-6 cups chicken broth (depending on how thick you like your soup)
- 2 medium butternut squash,peeled, seeded & cubed
- parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Add oil, garlic and onion to large pot over medium heat.
2. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add basil, salt, pepper and combine.
4. Add broth and squash.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (or until squash is tender).
7. Remove half of the soup to puree in a food processor or blender and return to pot, (You can puree all of it if you don’t want any chunks).
8. Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
9. Serve with warm breadsticks or rolls.
Very tasty, and super healthy!!