I spotted these absolutely delicious looking Lemon Brownies on Pinterest and just had to try them!! I have a beautiful Lemon Tree so I’m always looking for new recipes using lemons. Because the recipe was so simply and turned out perfectly, I didn’t change a thing, except I added the glaze while the brownies were still slightly warm. They may be a little more cake-like than brownies, but still so tasty!
- 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt
- Mix in the softened butter.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs with the lemon juice and zest.
- Come wet and dry ingredients, and mix well. Pour into an 8x8 greased pan, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before topping with glaze.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice.
Be sure to check out my perfect Lemon Bars recipe + Tips & Tricks for Lemons!