Today’s Pinterest Pin of the Day is a totally easy way to dress up a cake for Spring! I love this Peeps Sunflower Cake by Taste of Home! I am going to be trying this!
|Peeps Sunflower Cake||
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 2 cans (16 oz each) chocolate frosting
- 19 yellow chick Peeps
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans.
- Cool cakes for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; carefully remove waxed paper.
- Level tops of cakes by carefully cutting the rounded part of the cake off. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.
- Without separating Peeps, curve the rows slightly to fit. Arrange chicks around edge of cake for sunflower petals.
- For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake.