Another tasty dinner in the Lyon household tonight. I am having some great luck with sausage dinners and recipes lately. Everyone cleared their plates and even asked for seconds with tonight’s Sausage and Pasta in a Browned Butter Sauce. This meal seriously got thrown together in about 15-20 minutes from start to finish. I love fast meals that end up being a hit!
|Sausage and Pasta in a Browned Butter Sauce||
- 5-6 sausages – I used the Artisan Fresh Mozzarella & Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage from Sam’s Club
- 1 lb Pasta of your choice, but I like the Ronzoni Garden Delight Pastas
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbs milk
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese + more for topping
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add your pasta. Cool until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, slice sausages in 3/4″ thick slices and saute in a little olive oil.
- After you have your pasta and sausage underway, begin preparing your sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan, with salt.
- Once butter is completely melted, add thyme, basil and garlic powder. Cook for about 5 minutes, until butter starts to brown slightly.
- Add milk and immediately remove pan from heat.
- Drain pasta and put back into pot.
- Pour sauce over the cooked pasta and combine with 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese.
- Serve with cooked sausage over the top, and top with more parmesan cheese.
- Free Kindle Book: Stolen Crown: The Secret Marriage that Forever Changed the Fate of England (Reg. $14.99) (cleverhousewife.com)
- Free Sample of Crystal Light + $8 in Coupons (cleverhousewife.com)
- Free Nivea Creme Lotion at Walmart (cleverhousewife.com)