Since the last time asparagus was in season, I have been testing out different ways of cooking asaparagus, to find my favorite. I think roasting asparagus, is my favorite way to cook it, so far. As part of my Mother’s Day brunch, we had asparagus topped with ham, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. Those recipes and cooking tips will be posted soon, but for now, I wanted to share how easy it is to roast asparagus. The asaparagus was perfectly cooked – Great flavor, and perfect amount of crunch.
|How to Roast Asparagus||
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, for easy clean up. Then lay your asparagus on top of the foil.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus, and sprinkle with coarse salt. If you want to make sure your asparagus is evenly coated after you have sprinkled your salt, you can rub them all together with your clean hands.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove, and enjoy by themselves, or in a dish.
Seasonings, such as lemon pepper, would be very tasty with the asaparagus.
- Free Diabetic BBQ Cookbook (cleverhousewife.com)
- Recipe: Spice Whoopie Pies with Blueberry Cream Cheese Marshmallow Filling (miscfinds4u.com)