I have a cake that I like to eat ALMOST every year, for my birthday. There are several tasty cakes that I enjoy, but the “Better Than ___Cake”, hits the spot, and isn’t too difficult. You definitely don’t have to be a great cake decorator for this cake. There are different names for this cake, so I’ll let you use your imagination. Some call it Better Than Sex Cake, but the more modest people call it Better Than Disneyland Cake. Whatever you call it – Mmmmm! I know there are a couple of versions of the cake (one being a strawberry junket and cream cheese cake), but this is what we call this one). The basic idea is a chocolate cake, with caramel infused into the cake, topped with whipped cream and chopped Skor bars. You can use a boxed cake mix, or homemade.
|“Better Than ____ Cake”||
- 1 chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions (or homemade chocolate cake)
- 1 jar caramel topping
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 Skor candy bars, crushed
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- When done, poke holes in the top of cake, while still warm. You can use a fork or something even bigger.
- Pour the jar of caramel topping over the cake, letting it soak in. Cool.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff, adding 1 tsp vanilla and sugar, to taste.
- Fold in 3 Skor candy bars, which have been crushed.
- Top the cooled cake with whipping cream mixture and sprinkle with remaining crushed candy bars, over the top.