It’s another Wednesday which means it’s a new voting day for the Reynolds Real Moms contest! I am in the running to be one of five Reynolds Real Moms for the entire year! This means a couple of trips and some amazing opportunities for me and my blog; if I win of course. Each Wednesday for 6 weeks, a new blog post/video and tip will be uploaded to the Reynolds Wrap facebook page. Each of the 10 contestants will have a different post and tip. It is up to you to vote on your favorite tip! We are in week 4 now, which means just a couple of weeks to go before we find out who the Reynolds Real Moms will be! Win or lose, we are all still Real Moms and this has been an amazing opportunity.
For this week’s tip I decided to share Easy Clean-Up BBQ Wings with Reynolds Oven Bags. These babies are simply amazing! You can cook just about anything in an oven bag and the food turns out delicious, moist and with practically no clean-up! In fact, after making these wings my pan looked spotless! If you want to read my post and entire tip,you can head over to the Reynolds facebook page. While you’re there, be sure to vote for Emily Lyon (that’s me)! If you are coming from the Reynolds page, then you are likely looking for the recipe for those saucy looking wings. You’ve come to the right place! The recipe is just below:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbs mustard
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs cider vinegar
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place an oven bag in a 9x13 glass baking dish. Put about a tablespoon of flour in the bag, hold top of bag closed and shake the flour around to coat the entire bag.
- Mix all ingredients, except chicken, in a medium size bowl. Reserve about ⅓ of the sauce for coating chicken before serving.
- Coat chicken pieces with ⅔ of the sauce. Then stick the chicken pieces (wings and drumsticks in my case), right inside the bag, in a single layer.
- Tie the bag closed with an included nylon tie. Cut 6½ inch slits in the bag to let the steam vent. Make sure all ends of the bag are tucked nicely inside the baking dish so they don’t touch the oven wall or rack.
- Bake chicken 55-60 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170° for breasts and 180° for other pieces.