If I could eat bread right now, I would totally go for some homemade biscuits and sausage gravy! Okay, so I would need to be able to eat more than just gluten. For those of you that have that luxury, dive right into a homemade batch of biscuits because they are totally easy and it is worth making them from scratch. I have yet to find a store-bought biscuit that can beat out a homemade one.
As you can see, the steps are very simple and easy to follow. These biscuits are packed with flavor and can be served a variety of ways! As I said before, my favorite is with my homemade sausage gravy – also very easy.
Author: Clever Housewife
- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp McCormick Garlic and Onion Seasoning (this really makes it flavorful and good, but can be omitted!)
- ⅓ Cup Butter
- ¾ + 1 Tbs Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients (up to butter) in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter. If you don't have a pastry blender, use a knife to shave the butter until all of it is in the bowl. Then mix / press with a fork.
- Add ¾ cup of milk and stir. Form dough into a soft ball. Use the extra 1 Tbs if dough seems too dry. Depending on your altitude, you may even need a little more milk. Dough can be slightly sticky, but should not be wet.
- Press dough out onto a floured cutting board, about ¾ inch thick.
- Use a circle cookie cutter or a small cup. I did a few using a skinny vase I had, but then I discovered that the lid of Lawry Salt is a great size for a biscuit.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with butter, gravy, etc.
They look like the perfect texture. YUM.
These turned out perfect and delicious. I made them in less than 30 minutes and they were great. Thanks for sharing.
So happy they turned out well!
So easy and delicious. I will definitely be making these again. Thanks so much!
Had to add at least another half cup of flour, the mixture came out super soupy.
What part of the country are you in Leigh? I wonder if elevation could have anything to do with it.