As part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias®, I shopped at Save Mart for their Pick 5 and Save promotion, and created a tasty meal for my family. My family is always on board with any task I have to complete that involves food, and them eating it! I am definitely on a mission this summer to use my oven less. So far, I think I am doing quite well. Between using the grill and my slow cooker, I am pretty well covered! As I mentioned yesterday, I have some 110°+ days ahead of me so today I pulled out the Crock Pot.
With help from the Save Mart Pick 5 and Save promo, I was able to pick up a variety of meats to get my family by for a few meals. Some of the foods I picked up, as part of the promotion, is the Boneless Pork Chops (featured in tonight’s dinner), chicken breasts, Tyson Ready Grilled Chicken Strips and Bar-S Corn Dogs. As the promotion states, if you buy 5 or more participating items, you will save! Just be sure to watch your ounces and sizes, to make sure you are picking up participating items. I think the deal on the corn dogs and grilled chicken is especially good. The especially fantastic thing is that there are signs everywhere so you can’t miss the deal! Not only is there great signage promoting this deal, but the meats are even labeled with the Pick 5 for $25 stickers.
While you’re shopping, be sure to also keep an eye out for the Explore The Grill promo that Save Mart has with Pepsi right now. They are giving away a Big Green Egg grill every day at explorethegrill.com/savemart. My grill has been getting hammered by the weather over the past year, so winning one of these would be so fun!
As soon as I learned about the Save Mart promotion, I knew I needed to pick up some pork chops and put those bad boys in the slow cooker. The slow cooker can get pork oh so moist and tender! That’s where my Slow Cooker Pork Chops in Dijon Sauce comes in.
The pork chops don’t look like much when getting started and covering them in the creamy Dijon sauce, but they will be full of flavor when they are done in 7-8 hours! Of course, it’s always nice when you can stick a fast and easy meal in the slow cooker, in the morning. Then forget about it and have a completely ready meal come dinnertime! My recommendation is that you stick your potatoes in the Crock Pot with your pork chops, to have your cooking done at once. I just forgot to pick potatoes up at the store so rice it is.
Served it with some garden veggies and delish!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbs butter
- 6 boneless pork chops
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or line with slow cooker liner (my preference).
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over high heat. Carefully add the pork chops and season with salt and pepper. Sear both sides, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Place seared pork chops in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together soup, broth, Dijon, garlic, thyme, red pepper and pepper. Pour mixture over top the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 hours.
- Serve pork chops and sauce over rice or potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.