This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of North American Property Services. All opinions are 100% mine.
Winter is almost here which means the season of visiting friends and family, holiday parties, festivities and fun is upon us! Unfortunately along with all of the “mixing and mingling” of the season, comes added chances to spread cold and flu gerrms. No-one wants to be stuck getting sick, especially over the holidays, so taking some simple precautions to be germ free may be needed. To help us in those efforts, I recently got some expert cleaning advice from North American Property Services, on tips to keep your home clean, germ free, and company-ready for the holidays! North American Propery Services is one of the top janitorial services in the US, so cleaning is kind of their specialty! Here are their top ten tips for winter cleaning:
1. Wash up: Stop the spread of germs at the source by doubling your efforts with hand washing. Remind your kids to do the same, and teach them to wash long enough by encouraging them to sing the ABC song while washing.
2. Think “high touch”: Think about areas of your home that are “high touch” areas such as door handles, remotes, phones, and counter tops. Regularly disinfect these areas to stop the spread of germs.
3. Dust away: According to North American Property Services, dust can actually collect germs and grime. Keep your home germ free as well as brighter this holiday season by dusting regularly. Don’t forget ledges, window sills, fan blades and light bulbs in your cleaning routine.
4. Beat the heat: Running a heater in the winter can circulate more dust particles around your home. You may want to increase the amount of time you usually spend dusting to compensate for this.
5. Mop it up: Have a good mop on hand to keep floors clean and germ free. Again, you will want to think about “high traffic” areas and consider increasing your cleaning in those areas.
6. Add some shine: North American Property Services also wanted to remind us that interior windows are a place where germs can collect. Take advantage of one of the warmer days this winter, by using it as a chance to clean interior windows. Not only will it keep your home germ-free, but the added sparkle from clean windows will make your whole home look brighter!
7. Carpet cleaner: Its a good idea to deep clean your carpets at least once per year. Right after the holidays is a great time to do this, as it will clean up any holidays spills that might have happened.
8. Grout grub: Think about the tiny spaces in your home that might get grubby and germy. The grout could be one of those spaces. Spend some extra time scrubbing those spaces to get them nice and clean.
9. Shoes off: Consider making your home a shoe free zone, by encouraging people to take off shoes at the door. This will prevent all of the mud, grime and germs that may be on shoes from being tracked through the house.
10. Keep it up: Make sure to maintain all of these things, especially floor care, by creating a cleaning routine for yourself. Remember to give your “high traffic” areas some extra care and to include entry ways in that routine.
Leanne Cox is a guest writer for CleverHousewife.com. She is a stay-at-home mom to two kids, and a credentialed preschool teacher. Leanne teaches “mommy-and-me” and “preschool style” music & movement classes through her business “Little Stars Music & Movement Classes” . She is passionate about encouraging early childhood education through hands on learning and exploration