First you need to drizzle and rub oil or melted butter over your entire turkey. Then sprinkle the herbs over the turkey, rubbing them in really well. Don’t forget, if you want my special blend, you can sign up HERE to have them emailed to you!
If you can lift up the skin at all, and rub the seasoning underneath – even better! After you’ve given your turkey a good rub down, it’s ready to be baked. You will need a roasting pan that is at least 2″ deep, and a Reynolds Oven Bag.
You can purchase a box of oven bags here. Stock up for next time!
There are some great instructions and cooking times on the box of oven bags, so use that if you need to. Before placing your turkey in the bag, it is important to pour 1 Tbs of flour into the bag. Then place a wedged onion in the bottom, and top it with your turkey. Tie the bag shut with the enclosed tie. Lastly, you need to cut six 1/2″ slits in the top of your bag. Then tuck any portions of the bag that may be sticking out, inside the pan. Bake time varies depending on the size of your turkey. I have suggested bake times in the printable recipe, below.
After turkey is done cooking, allow it to sit in bag for 15 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
- Reynolds® Oven Bag, Turkey Size
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 8 to 24 pound turkey, thawed
- 2 Tbs oil or melted butter
- seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Shake flour inside Reynolds Oven Bag and place in a large roasting pan that is at least 2 inches deep. You can opt to spray the inside of bag with nonstick cooking spray if you desire.
- Place onion wedges in the bottom of the bag.
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey, then rinse and pat your turkey dry. Brush with your 2 Tbs of oil or melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings and rub into the entire turkey.
- Carefully slide turkey into the oven bag, making sure the opening of the bag is facing the end of the roasting pan, and not facing up.
- Close oven bag with the included nylon tie, and cut six 1/2 inch slits in the top of the bag.
- Baking time varies depending on the size of your turkey. You can refer to the Oven Bag directions or use the reference below.
- When your turkey reaches an internal temperature of 180°, remove from oven and let stand in oven bag for another 15 minutes. Cut open the top of the bag and carefully remove turkey from the bag, and place onto a cutting board. Lifting works well by inserting one carving fork into each end of the turkey.
- After carving, drizzle extra drippings over the meat. Super tasty!
- -2 hours for 8-12 lb turkeys
- -2.5 hours for 12-16 lb turkeys
- -3 hours for 16-20 lb turkeys
- -3.5 hours for 20-24 lb turkeys