Still holiday shopping for those little munchkins that we all love? Whether you are shopping for one of your own kids or someone else’s, it can sometimes be difficult to know what’s hot and what would make a good gift. To help you out, I want to share with you the Toys“R”Us “Fabulous 15,” representing the best new toys of the 2013 holiday season (listed in alphabetical order):
- Big Hugs Elmo from Hasbro®
- Despicable Me 2 Minion Dave, Agnes and Gru Collector’s Edition Figures from Thinkway Toys
- Doc McStuffins Deluxe Get Better Check-Up Center from Just Play™
- Sofia the First Royal Talking Vanity from JAKKS Pacific®
- Flutterbye Flying Fairy from Spin Master™
- FurReal Friends® Cuddles My Giggly Monkey Pet from Hasbro®
- LeapPad Ultra™ from LeapFrog®
- Skylanders SWAP Force™ from Activision®
- tabeo™ e2 from Toys“R”Us®
- The Ugglys™ from Moose Toys
- Ever After High™ Royal & Rebel Dolls from Mattel®
- LEGO Legends of Chima™ The Lion CHI Temple from LEGO®
- Shimmer ‘N Sparkle Cra-Z-Loom™ Bracelet Maker from Cra-Z-Art®
- Xbox™ One from Microsoft®
- Crazy Cart™ from Razor™
My kids already have a couple of the items on the list, which will be covered in some later posts. However, thanks to Toys”R”Us, I was able to gift the tabeo-e2 to my oldest son for his 10th birthday. The LEGO Legend of Chima-the Lion CHI Temple will be given to my twins for Christmas, and the FurReal Friends Cuddles My Giggly Monkey to my daughter. So many fun things going on!
As for the tabeo-e2, my son was not expecting it at all. I can’t even tell you how excited he was to discover that he would now have his very own tablet. He has been very into making his own rubberband bracelets lately, so one of the first things he did was pull up some Youtube How-to videos, on his tabeo, and get right to making some new bracelet designs. He is even offering to make me a Christmas themed one next. The Cra-Z-Loom is also on the hot toy list for Toys”R”Us, for your own rubberband designing needs!
What I love about the tabeo e2 from the parent’s standpoint is that you can set parental controls on it. I can have the tablet set to not have internet access from 2-3pm if I choose. You can set the times of day that you want to allow internet access. You can also block whatever websites you would like. Then my favorite part is that I can log into the parental controls and view where most of my son’s time is spent on the tabeo e2! I don’t feel powerless with his electronics and that to me as a mother is very important. I believe electronics can be a blessing when used in moderation and appropriately. I know my son was a bit bummed that minecraft isn’t available for download on the tabeo so we are hoping that changes soon! Great gift idea though, if you are wanting a tablet for your child but don’t want to spend really big bucks, and want some control!
Hopefully the Hot Toy List from Toys”R”Us will give you some gift ideas for any remaining shopping you have to do!