As part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network, I am being compensated by Smucker’s® for my participation in this campaign. All opinions expressed are my own.
I live in an agriculturally rich part of Northern California where fruits and nuts are bountiful. It has always been a family practice to “put up” fruit for use in the lean Winter months. Smucker’s® knows the importance of preserving Summer’s bounty for later use. It’s especially tasty in my Raspberry-Fig Goat Cheese Spread on crackers!
Too often we think of jams and jellies in conjunction with toast, English muffins and peanut butter sandwiches. Jams and jellies are much more diverse than the previously mentioned uses. My mom has won a couple of chili cook-offs by using a secret ingredient (now not-so-secret) of grape jelly. Hopefully after reading this post you will have inspiration of some new pairings for jams and jellies as we “Spread a Little Sunshine this Winter” with the help of Smucker’s® Natural Fruit Spreads.
The key to a truly magnificent pairing is to use Smucker’s® Natural Fruit Spreads. Not only will you have great taste, but you will also receive the benefits of using only natural sources, with no preservatives. You can find these Natural Fruit Spreads in Strawberry, Red Raspberry, Orange Marmalade and Concord Grape. All are great options for a variety of pairings. A Smucker’s® Pairing is a simple uniting of unique and/or traditional ingredients with fruit spreads as the star. They are easy for any home cook to create and have a wow factor! I have three recipes for you, straight from Smucker’s®.
The first recipe is for a Raspberry-Fig Goat Cheese Spread. I just had to make this one because it’s right up my alley! Serve with sea salt bagel chips or a variety of crackers. I found a really delicious sea salt crisp that complimented the spread quite well.
- Goat cheese, softened
- Medium dried figs, finely chopped
- Smucker's Red Raspberry Preserves
- Chopped pecan pieces or walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Combine the cheese and figs in a medium bowl. Gently fold in 2 tablespoonsof the preserves to form a marbled look.
- Spoon into a shallow bowl,, sprinkle with pecans.
- May serve with sea salt bagel chips or a variety of crackers, if desired.
- Smucker's Natural Red Raspberry Fruit Spread
- Graham Crackers
- Low-Fat Cream Cheese
- Slivered Almonds
- Start this fast, delicious recipe by spreading the low-fat cream cheese on the graham crackers
- Top the cream cheese with Smucker's Natural Red Raspberry Fruit Spread
- Sprinkle on slivered almonds and enjoy!
- Smucker's Natural Orange Marmalade Fruit Spread
- red onion, diced
- red pepper flakes
- cranberries, chopped
- pecan pieces, toasted
- Combine chopped cranberries, toasted pecan pieces, diced red onion and Smucker's Natural Orange Marmalade Fruit Spread into a bowl
- Add a dash of red pepper flakes and stir well
- Serve with a wedge of gorgonzola cheese, rustic crackers, or cinnamon pita chips