Heat up the grill because it’s burger night! During the summer months my family and I frequent burger night on a very regular basis. They’re easy to make, you don’t have to heat up the house with the oven when it’s already hot out, and there is so much versatility when it comes to hamburgers! I love trying a variety of ways to dress up a burger by stuffing or topping it with different ingredients. Today’s cheeseburger of design, with the help of Kraft, is a Bruschetta Cream Cheese Burger. I feel that this burger takes things up a notch, for a bit more of a gourmet taste.
Unlike the typical cheeseburger that has a slice (or two) of cheese, this burger of yumminess has Swiss shredded cheese mixed in with the ground beef. Then top it with a Bruschetta and garlic cream cheese spread and you are golden! Even though this Bruschetta Cream Cheese Burger is more gourmet, all ingredients can be purchased at Walmart!
I figured this called for something fancier than a regular ol’ hamburger bun so I purchase a loaf of Pugliese bread, sliced it up and brushed one side with olive oil and popped it on the grill. While the bread is thick and looks impossible to wrap your mouth around when assembled, it is totally worth it!
Looking to get more creative in the kitchen when it comes to the Great American Bacon Cheeseburger? You’ve got to check out Blippar! Pairing the lover of food with the lover of technology, you get an app that helps you enhance your Kraft Cheese experience. Once you have Blippar installed on your tablet or smartphone, you can take a picture of a Kraft Cheese product and immediately get information, recipes, and loyalty points! You can download blippar for free on your apple, android, blackberry or windows device. Here is the down-low (you can also watch the video that explains how to work Blippar):
- Blippar is an app that has image recognition capabilities.
- After downloading and opening blippar, you can scan (or blip) Kraft cheese products with your smartphone camera. A mobile site will populate and provide a menu bar with the following choices:
- View Recipes: Kraft recipes for the Great American Bacon Cheeseburger
- Take A Picture with Brad Paisley: Use your camera to take a picture with an augmented image of Brad Paisley and syndicate with #SayCheeseburger
- Get Your Paisley Points: Register Kraft Cheese products to enter a chance to win Brad Paisley swag
So what cheeseburger will you be inventing next? Comment below with your ideas! Follow #SayCheeseburger for more burger inspiration!
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Kraft Swiss shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 8 oz Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Tbs Sundried Tomato and Olive Bruschetta
- In a medium bowl, mix together all burger ingredients and form into 4 patties.
- Place on wax paper until ready to stick on the grill. Cook 5-7 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the middle.
- Prepare spread by mixing cream cheese, garlic and bruschetta in a small bowl.
- Stick cooked hamburger patty on one slice of toasted bread and top with ample amount of spread. Can be eaten open-face or top with another slice of toasted bread.
Looks delicious! What a great idea!
Love this idea!! #client