Every 4th of July my family likes to try a new dessert with a patriotic twist. Last year we made the American Flag Cake and the year before we made a flag fruit platter. This year, we opted for fudge, because who says fudge is just for Christmas?
This Patriotic Berrylicious Fudge is a versatile fudge that you can change up for any holiday or event. For Halloween, use an orange Jell-o and top with jack-o-lantern marshmallows. For Easter, use cherry or raspberry Jell-o and top with miniature Peeps. For Christmas, alternate lime and cherry Jell-o and top with Christmas tree marshmallows, or your favorite candy. I’m thinking lime Jell-o + a teaspoon of mint extract, and top with an Andes mint. So many fun ways to switch out the flavors and toppings!
I’d like to thank Shugary Sweets for this yummy recipe inspiration! We found the Patriotic Berrylicious Fudge to be so stinkin’ cute, but also very delicious. As with most fudge recipes, you don’t need to eat a lot to get your fill. Nice and sweet and full of delish!
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 package (11oz) white chocolate morsels
- 1 jar (7oz) Kraft JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 1 box (3oz) berry blue gelatin mix
- 1 cup Kraft JET_PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 4 oz white chocolate morsels, melted
- 64 Kraft JET-PUFFED StarMallows marshmallows
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with pan lining paper. This adheres better than regular parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 11 oz bag of white chocolate morsels and marshmallow creme. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine sugar, heavy cream, butter and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to stir constantly through a rolling boil, for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over morsels and marshmallow cream, in mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, blend until smooth (about 1 minute). Remove 1/3 of mixture and scoop it into a small bowl.
- Add gelatin to large bowl of fudge and whisk until color is fully blended. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- To the remaining fudge mixture, fold in miniature marshmallows. Pour white fudge mixture over blue fudge. Place in refrigerator and cool for a about 3-4 hours, until set.
- Remove fudge from baking dish by lifting the pan lining paper. Cut fudge into bite sized pieces, separating them slightly.
- Melt remaining white chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted. Pour into a small plastic bag and snip off the corner. Drizzle over bites of fudge.
- Immediately press Starmallow onto the top. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Store fudge in airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.