Oh how I am loving all of the yummy Tasteful Selections potatoes I have had the privilege of creating recipes with this summer. I always knew I was a fan of fingerling potatoes, but the fact that each variety of Tasteful Selections potatoes don’t require washing and have such a nice buttery crisp flavor, just makes me crave them even more. I could just boil a bag and pop them in my mouth like french fries.
As a reminder, Tasteful Selections are baby potatoes with FOUP-fighting powers: Prewashed means no scrubbing, tender skins mean no peeling. Quick and uniform cook times stem from the small and consistent sizes of these baby potatoes and fantastic flavors are derived from each unique variety. Tasteful Selections are guaranteed to cure FOUP in any situation from every day to gourmet so you don’t have to suffer from the fear undercooked, unwashed or ugly potatoes ever again. Once you go baby potatoes, you won’t want to go back! Now for my latest recipe. It was a family tradition for the birthday girl (or boy) to pick their birthday dinner. For years I would ask that my mom make creamed peas and new potatoes. It was one of my absolute favorite dishes as a little girl. If you are ever in need of a comfort dish, this could be it. Warm, creamy and delish! Creamed Peas and Ruby Sensation Potatoes consists of peas, a white sauce and of course, the Ruby Sensation Potatoes which have been pre-washed and have FOUP-fighting powers.
Serves very well with ham or prime rib. Mmmmm!
- 24 oz Ruby Sensation Red Potatoes
- 8 oz Frozen Petite Peas
- 5 sliced green onions
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 10-12 min until fork tender, but firm. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in sauce pan on medium high heat.
- Add sliced green onions and saute until fragrant.
- Add flour and stir to create a roux.
- Add milk and half and half all at once and keep stirring until thickened.
- Add seasonings – to taste.
- Stir in frozen peas, turning heat down to medium and stirring until peas are heated through.
- Gently, stir in cook red potatoes and serve.